
Iran executed two men convicted of attempting to storm a military facility during January's anti-government protests. The men were among four facing execution in a crackdown on unrest.
Iran executed two men convicted of attempting to storm a military facility and access an armory during unrest in January, the Mizan news outlet of its judiciary said on Sunday.
The men, identified as Mohammadamin Biglari and Shahin Vahedparast, were among a group of four in the same case who faced execution, according to rights group Amnesty International.
Iran's Supreme Court upheld the sentences for the two defendants who were among "rioters who sought to commit mass murder" by trying to steal weapons and military equipment, the outlet added.
First execution in the case
Last week, Iran executed 18-year-old Amirhossein Hatami, convicted in the same case stemming from nationwide anti-government protests repressed by the Islamic Republic in the biggest crackdown in its history.
In a recent report, Amnesty said 11 men faced a risk of imminent execution for participation in the protests.
They were "subjected to torture and other ill-treatment in detention," before conviction in "grossly unfair trials that relied on forced confessions," it added.
LATEST POSTS
- 1
First foreign troop in new gang suppression force lands in Haiti to replace previous mission - 2
6 Fledgling Cameras for 2024: Ideal for New Photographic artists - 3
The most exciting exoplanet discoveries of 2025 - 4
Who is Artemis? Meet the Greek goddess who inspired NASA's return to the moon - 5
6 Famous Urban communities for Shopping on the planet
Manual for Tracking down the Mysterious Cascades in China
Israel faces tough choices over haredi draft exemptions, legal expert warns
Manual for Savvy Home Lighting Framework: Lights up Your Space
Where should we send a real 'Hail Mary' spacecraft? A new study has the answers
Mom warns of Christmas gift hazard as daughter recovers in hospital
Believe Should Unwind? Look at These Scaled down Games
Explosions heard across Tehran after IDF announces wave of strikes on regime terror targets
Indian rocket launches record-breaking BlueBird 6 smartphone satellite to orbit (video)
Two Indonesian UN peacekeepers killed in explosion in Lebanon













